The Fifteenth IAPR International Conference on Machine Vision Applications will be held at Toyoda Auditorium, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan from May 8th through 12th, 2017. The conference is co-sponsored by the MVA Organization, IAPR, Tateisi Science and Technology Foundation, and Graduate School of Informatics, Nagoya University.
The aim of this conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry, and to stimulate the exchange of knowledge through intensive discussions on the cutting-edge research topics listed below.
|Program Area Chair Application||May 31, 2016|
|Tutorial Proposals||December 3, 2016|
|Demonstration Proposals||January 31, 2017|
|Full Paper (4 pages) Submission (Extended)||December 12, 2016 at 24:00 PST
|Notification of Acceptance||February 13, 2017|
|Camera-Ready Manuscripts||March 13, 2017|
|Travel Support for Students||March 15, 2017|
|Presenter registation||March 10, 2017|
|Early online registation||April 10, 2017|
|Late online registation||April 20, 2017|
including Lectures and Demos
|May 8–10, 2017|
|Tutorials||May 11, 2017|
|Technical Exhibition||May 12, 2017|
Call for Demos (CLOSED) [Detail]
We cordially invite submission of demonstration proposals. This dedicated demonstration session will provide a good opportunity for you to show your innovative prototypes, get constructive feedback on your developed solutions or products, and communicate with participants directly. Technical topics of this session include all areas covered by the MVA conference.
Call for Tutorials (CLOSED) [Detail]
MVA2017 will host tutorials that focus on new research directions of machine vision and applications. We invite proposals for tutorials from active researchers. The target audience has an interest in learning the trends in the machine vision technologies and developing application systems.
Call for Area Chairs (CLOSED)
We are excited to announce the call for area chairs for MVA2017.
All motivated machine vision researchers and developers
are invited to participate in the paper selection process as area chairs for the conference.
If you have any questions,
please contact the program chairs.
Main Topic: Machine Vision and its Applications [Call for Participation]
- Vision Sensors, Sensors for 3D / Motion, Shape from X, Optical Phenomenon Sensing, Color / Multiband, Invisible Wavelength Imaging, Registration / Alignment, Calibration
- Feature Extraction, Shape / Motion / Deformation Analysis, Change and Background, Tracking, Color / Multiband Analysis, Segmentation, Pattern Recognition, Object Recognition, Statistical Image Processing, Large-Scale Data Analysis, Image Processing System Architecture
- Factory Automation and Robotics
- Visual Inspection, Diagnosis, Assembly, Mobile Robot, Digital Fabrication, Service Robot, Rescue Robot
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Traffic Monitoring, Autonomous Vehicles, Driving Safety Assistance
- Security Monitoring, Camera Network, Remote Sensing, Underwater
- Human Computer Interaction
- Face / Gesture / Behavior / Gait, Gaze Analysis, Biometrics, Wearable Computing, First Person Vision
- Tomography, Endoscopy, Computer-Aided Diagnosis, Computer Assisted Surgery, Computational Anatomy, Bioinformatics, Nursing Care
- Database Archiving and Retrieval, Document, Culture and Heritage, VR / MR / AR, Entertainment
- Agriculture / Forestry / Fishery, Civil / Construction Engineering, Commerce, Sports, Fashion, Home, Science
At least one of the authors of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference and must present the paper at the conference.
Presented papers will be considered for Best Paper Award, Best Practical Paper Award, and Best Poster Award. Previous award winning papers are available.
Selected papers will be published IPSJ Transactions on Computer Vision And Application (SpringerOpen) on May 2017.
Award-winning papers and selected papers will be recommended to submit extended versions of MVA2017 papers to the special section on Machine Vision and Applications of IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems published on May 2018.
Travel Support for Students (CLOSED)[more...]
MVA2017 plans to offer travel support for students who make a significant contribution.
Organizing Committee [Full list]
- General Chairs
- Hiroshi ISHIKAWA (Waseda University)
- Ryuzo OKADA (Toshiba)
- Program Chairs
- Norimichi UKITA (Toyota Technological Institute)
- Greg MORI (Simon Fraser University)
Sponsors and Cooperative Organizations
In Cooperation with
- The Information Processing Society of Japan
- The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers
- The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers
- The Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers
- The Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
- The Japanese Society for Non-destructive Inspection
- The Japan Society for Precision Engineering
- The Robotics Society of Japan
- The Society of Academic Study on Sensing via Image Information
- The Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan
- The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers
- The Virtual Reality Society of Japan